Thursday 27 March 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Image from etsy.com
Mother’s Day is fast approaching for people in Britain and Ireland, falling on the 30th March. However, across the globe it is celebrated on a number of dates throughout the year. Whatever the date, the message is still the same- take the time to honour your mother and let her know that you love and appreciate her.

For those who have lost their mothers in one way or another, this day will be a little harder than for most. Below is a touching and emotional quote from someone who has experienced this loss first hand:

“It may be painful to realise that your Mum isn't there on a day which focuses so heavily on the role and importance of a mother no matter how long she has been gone. But we can still be thankful that they gave us life and for the time we spent with them. We can still celebrate them in our own way. After 24 years I still think about my Mum every day in some small way. It could be when I'm talking to someone and her voice comes out of my mouth or if I hear The Stylistics or The Sweet! Terrible taste in music! It can be when I'm using one of her recipes or looking at photos. I like to think that a part of her lives on in me; the part that makes me a good mother and that's why I still wish her Happy Mother's Day in my own way.”

How about making a Bucket List for your kids of things you would like them to do, achieve and experience? You can work through this together, helping them tick off items and it can also act as guide if you are no longer with them. If you are lucky enough to still have your mum around, don’t just celebrate the special occasions, make memories with them while you can.
 
Poem written by Rebekah Night
 
Whether it is taking your Mum out for Sunday roast or looking back on fond memories, this day is prominent for many people. What will you being doing for Mother’s Day? Let us know on Twitter #MothersDay

No comments:

Post a Comment